Summer came and went so fast I can hardly believe that I am already back in Iowa. I had 6 weeks of bliss and serenity and now its gone forever. Here is a recap of how I did with my top ten. See my previous post for the top ten list.
1) I only picked up one for about twenty min...it was USMLE first aid but I got bored really fast and moved on to something else
2)I went three times in six weeks so about once every other week. Even with loans the gas prices were too much to overcome to stomaching going more than that.
3)This I did do and it was absolutely amazing. I have pictures to post as soon as I can figure out how to transer picts from my Zune player to my Laptop. Sam did pretty well but would have done better if only he would have taken the ski pole we offered him for stability!:)
4)This one didn't go so well. No classes were being offered while I was home. I did spend one day with Emily learning some signs on our own but for some reason we never got back to it.
5)I actually did great with this until we took our trip to the narrows. I never got back into the habit after that. But I did learn how to play Canon in D, Come follow me, Just can't wait to be king and the Prayer. Eventually it'll all come together:)
6)see #1
7) I did a great job with this one. I don't have any exciting news to report but I certainly didn't shirk my manly duty and asked out lots of chicka's, Elder Oaks would be proud! :) I rekindled lots of old friendships and met alot of new, wonderful people!
8)Did great with this one too! We had a wonderful family reunion around July fourth with all the Burtenshaw family and had a great time waterskiing, roller blading and spending time catching up. I visited with my Grandma Lula in Logan and Papa Claude in Layton which I loved...they are both 90 and I hope they'll be around for a long time but you never know so i'm glad I got to see them. I Spent lots of time playing games, watching movies, chatting and golfing with Brad, Jami and Sam, Emily, Taylee and Mom and Dad. They still are the coolest family ever! How many of your Mom's can score higher than you in bowling, eh? Thanks for putting up with me and helping my summer be as relaxing and meaningful as possible!
9)I got to do this alot also, but can you ever really get tired of spoiling and playing with such fun, creative and downright almost scary smart nieces and nephews? Lichelle and Trent were also fun. We enjoyed a great day at the Dinosaur Park in Ogden and on another day swimming in their backyard. It's always hard to leave them. And they are still the coolest kids! Trent...I will own you in basketball someday! LOL
10)We didn't play hardly at all, mostly because Brad was worried his reign of ping pong champ would soon be over. He is coming to Des Moines on friday to visit on his way out to wisconsin so we will surely have a match!
Now I am back in Des Moines trying to convince myself school has started and I need to study. I've already taken a trip to Nauvoo and gone to a YSA conference at Camp Dodge. I'm avoiding the humidity as much as possible. Its hard to be in school during July and wrong also. But such is life!
1 comment:
At least it's not July anymore, right? It was great to see you while you were home. Next time I'm in Iowa I'll let you know...
Post a Comment